Unprecedented times often call for extraordinary actions, and your YMCA has prepared to respond to the changing times and community needs in transformative ways.
As we reopen the facility the Y wants to ensure that our approach is thoughtful, safe and evolving and plans to reopen slowly. This means that there will be some changes to policy, procedure, equipment availability, program availability and more.
As of January 1, 2021
GYM PATRONS MUST OBIDE BY THE FOLLOWING:
- During peak evening hours, all persons entering the facility must pass a screening before entering the facility. Temperatures must be below 100.0˚
- All members and guests 10 years and older must wear a face covering (over the nose and mouth) when moving about common areas. This includes lobby area, hallways, locker rooms and gyms.
- When actively exercising face coverings are required when social distancing from those not in the same household is not achievable.
- Gloves that cover from their wrist to fingers are strongly encouraged while exercising.
- All members must maintain 6 feet of separation from individuals not in the same household.
- Disinfect any equipment BEFORE and AFTER us, including machines and dead weights.
- Any outside equipment must be disinfected BEFORE and AFTER use.
ALL OTHERS GUESTS, INCLUDING SPECTATORS OF YOUTH PROGRAMMING, PATRONS INQUIRING ABOUT Y PROGRAMMING, ETC. MUST OBIDE BY THE FOLLOWING:
- All persons entering the facility must pass a screening before entering the facility. Temperatures must be below 100.0˚
- All parents, spectators and other Y visitors 10 years and older must wear a face covering when in the YMCA and not exercising.
- All patrons must maintain 6 feet of separation from individuals not in the same household.
Visit https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/OpenTexas-Checklist-Gym-Exercise-Facility-Patrons.pdf for a complete look at the Governor’s Plan to Open Texas.
Day & Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday, 5:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Friday, 5:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Saturday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
YMCA services will be available for all.
Members will self scan. Staff will not handle cards or hold personal belongings of any sort. We ask that you bring the least amount of personal belongings in the facility.
- Wellness Center
- Cardio Center
- Restroom & Changing Areas
- Welcome Center
- Live Stream Group Fitness Classes
- Gymnasium 1 & 2
- Self fill water stations
- All wet areas including pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room and showers.
- Towel service ( towel's will be available for disinfecting purposes)
- In-house group fitness classes
- Child Watch
- Coffee station
- Water fountains
- Group activities such as noon-ball and pickleball
- Crunch Cafe: Drinks and snacks will be available for purchase with the Welcome Center staff.
Safety Measures When Using Our Facility
- Temperatures will be taking before entering the facility. Anyone with a temp above 100.4 will not be allowed in the Y.
- All members are REQUIRED wear gloves covering from wrist to fingertips. Face masks are strongly recommended.
- Members are allowed to utilize YMCA facilities for a maximum of one hour.
- Social distancing measures will be in place.
- Sanitizing stations will be placed in numerous locations throughout the building. Sanitize hands upon entry and exit of the building and specific areas.
- Wash your hands after using the restroom.
- Limited seating will be available to discourage gathering and encourage social distancing.
Changes to Wellness and Cardio Center
- Capacity enforced (50%)
- Social distancing enforced. The Y will suspend use of every other cardo machine. Weight benches will be placed intentionally and should not be moved.
- Accessories that are difficult to clean will not be available. This includes weight belts, glute bands, weighted ropes and more.
- Traditional circuit training is PROHIBITED.
- Sanitizing bottles and towels will be issued to each member. All members should sanitize and clean after themselves.
While the Y asks each member to be responsible while using its facilities the Y will heighten its cleaning routine in all departments. Staff will be required to clean high touch and high traffic areas more frequently and with proper chemicals.
All staff in direct contact with members will also be required to wear PPE such as masks and gloves. Staff will be trained in best practices regarding the use and disposal of gloves and masks.
While our staff loves nothing more than to interact with our members on a personal level, we are asking our staff to remain in their prospective areas and offices during this time. Please do not be offended if we refrain from physical contact.
As we move forward it is the Y's goal to communicate all plans with its members. Our plan is a work in progress and is subject to change at any time based on a number of factors. To ensure you receive the most up-to-date information remember to LIKE US ON FACEBOOK, Instagram and Twitter.