YOUTH TACKLE FOOTBALL
- All coaches are required to have HEAD'S UP CERTIFICATION offered by the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/coach.html).
- Teams are formed according to the school. Requests are not guaranteed.
- 7 games are guaranteed with an opportunity to travel.
- The YMCA Youth Tackle Football Program incorporates UIL rules and regulations in running its football program. We provide volunteer coaches with a variety of techniques and drills incorporated from the Head's Up Football program that is associated with USA Football.
- We work with SAISD and surrounding schools to play at a variety of places within the Concho Valley. The season is scheduled to start on September 11 and will be conducted mainly on Saturdays. Weekday reschedules are possible.
- Coaches determine practice times and sites for each team.
- Coaches are required to pass a criminal background check and undergo training in bullying and being a Y coach before coaching players.
Registration: May 15 - August 11, 2022
Late registration from August 12 - August 18, 2022 (late fees applies)
Ages: 3rd - 6th grade (Boys and Girls)
Fees: $68.00 for Y Members | $83.00 for Non-Members
Equipment Rental: $25.00 - Helmet
$15.00 - Shoulder Pads
WEIGHT REQUIREMENTS BY DIVISION:
- PEE-WEE (3RD): 55 LB. MIN / 125 LB. MAX
- Ball Carrier: 105 LB MAX
- JR. PEE-WEE (4TH): 60 LB. MIN / 145 LB MAX
- Ball Carrier: 115 LB. MAX
- LIGHTWEIGHT (5TH): 65 LB. MIN/ 160 LB MAX
- Ball Carrier: 130 LB. MAX
- HEAVYWEIGHT (6TH): 70 LB. MIN/ NO MAX WEIGHT
- Ball Carrier: 145 LB MAX
Click here to register online!
For tackle football schedule click here!
Registration form here!
OTA'S are a set of off-season training sessions that are used to help develop players and make them better at the different skill positions for the game of football. Instructors will focus on USA Football techniques allowing participants to improve and prepare for the upcoming football season. OTA's include conditioning, proper tackling, blocking, touch technique, drills, and skills that are specific to the game of football. ASU football players will be helping with the clinic.
Registration: May 15 - Until the start of camp
Ages: 3rd - 6th (Boys and Girls)
Fees: $50.00 for Y Members | $65.00 for Non-Members
Session I: July 25 - July 28, 2022 (O-Line, D-Line, running back, and defensive back)
Session II: August 1 - August 4, 2022 (quarterback, wide receiver, and cornerback)
Times: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Click to register online!
Registration form here!
Please be patient with us. It is essential to the program that all guidelines are followed. These guidelines are subject to change as the season progresses.