YOUTH TACKLE FOOTBALL
- All coaches are required to have HEAD'S UP CERTIFICATION offered by the CDC
- Teams are formed according to the school. Requests are not guaranteed.
- 7 games are guaranteed with an opportunity to travel.
- The YMCA Youth Tackle Football Program incorporates UIL rules and regulations in running its football program. We provide volunteer coaches with a variety of techniques and drills incorporated from the Head's Up Football program that is associated with USA Football.
- We work with SAISD and surrounding schools to play at a variety of places within the Concho Valley. The season is scheduled to start on September 11 and will be conducted mainly on Saturdays. Weekday reschedules are possible.
- Coaches determine practice times and sites for each team.
- Coaches are required to pass a criminal background check and undergo training in bullying and being a Y coach before coaching players.
May 15 - August 11, 2022
Late registration from August 12 - August 18, 2022 ($15.00 late fees applies)
3rd - 6th grade (Boys and Girls)
$68.00 for Y Members | $83.00 for Non-Members
$25.00 - Helmet
$15.00 - Shoulder Pads
WEIGHT REQUIREMENTS BY DIVISION:
PEE-WEE (3RD): 55 LB. MIN / 125 LB. MAX
Ball Carrier: 105 LB MAX
JR. PEE-WEE (4TH): 60 LB. MIN / 145 LB MAX
Ball Carrier: 115 LB. MAX
LIGHTWEIGHT (5TH): 65 LB. MIN/ 160 LB MAX
Ball Carrier: 130 LB. MAX
HEAVYWEIGHT (6TH): 70 LB. MIN/ NO MAX WEIGHT
Ball Carrier: 145 LB MAX
OTA'S are a set of off-season training sessions that are used to help develop players and make them better at the different skill positions for the game of football. Instructors will focus on USA Football techniques allowing participants to improve and prepare for the upcoming football season. OTA's include conditioning, proper tackling, blocking, touch technique, drills, and skills that are specific to the game of football. ASU football players will be helping with the clinic.
May 15 - Until the start of camp
3rd - 6th (Boys and Girls)
$50.00 for Y Members | $65.00 for Non-Members
July 25 - July 28, 2022 (O-Line, D-Line, running back, and defensive back)
August 1 - August 4, 2022 (quarterback, wide receiver, and cornerback)?
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Please be patient with us. It is essential to the program that all guidelines are followed. These guidelines are subject to change as the season progresses.
While we try to make all of our programs affordable, we feel strongly that income should not be a barrier to becoming a member of the Y or participating in any of our programs. Therefore, thanks in large part to our Annual Campaign, we offer financial assistance to anyone in our community whose income doesn’t allow for a gym membership, swim lessons, youth sports, camp, after-school care, and so much more that the YMCA offers. Anyone can apply to receive financial assistance. Eligibility for financial assistance and the amount of financial assistance that can be given is determined on an individual basis. For more information, check our Financial Assistance Page.