The San Angelo Y contains a full Wellness Center with free weights and selectorized equipment, a cardio room with state-of-the-art cardiovascular machines, locker rooms for both males and females, family/handicapped locker rooms, meeting rooms, a full-sized aquatic center, and child watch. The men's locker room includes showers, lockers, and a steam room, while the women's includes showers, lockers, and a dry sauna. A variety of classes are offered on land and in the water for all ages.
Not all membership types have been added to the online portal.
|Senior Adult 60+||$38.00||$410.00||$25.00|
|Single Parent Family||$56.00||$605.00||$75.00|
|Young Adult (19 - 25)||$30.00||$324.00||$25.00|
|Youth 12 and under||N/A||$95.00||N/A|
- All new members are required to pay the joining fee and pro-rated first month's dues upon registration.
- All monthly memberships are required to pay by bank draft from a checking or savings account (proof required for routing and accounting numbers) or with a debit/credit card.
- Un-renewed memberships in excess of 30 days will require another joining fee to be paid upon renewal.
- The YMCA accepts payment by cash, check money order, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover for annual payments.
- Members may add an adult living in the home to any Family or Single Parent Family membership for an extra $25.00 a month.
- Child-watch is included with Family or Single Parent Family membership only.
- Active duty military, veterans, and first responders do not pay the joining fee. (proof is required)
- Full-time school district employees will receive 25% off membership fees with proof of employment.
- Full-time non-profit employees will receive 50% off membership fees. (A verification letter will need to be provided)
For more information about membership promotions, click here
While we try to make all of our programs affordable, we feel strongly that income should not be a barrier to becoming a member of the Y or participating in any of our programs. Therefore, thanks in large part to our Annual Campaign, we offer financial assistance to anyone in our community whose income doesn’t allow for a gym membership, swim lessons, youth sports, camp, after-school care, and so much more that the YMCA offers. Anyone can apply to receive financial assistance. Eligibility for financial assistance and the amount of financial assistance that can be given is determined on an individual basis. For more information, check our financial assistance page.
To cancel a YMCA membership, one must give a 30-day written notice to the YMCA of San Angelo.
Memberships are non-transferable and cannot be refunded.
YMCA Member Code of Conduct
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe, caring, healthy, and respectful environment for all members and guests. To promote these values, we ask all individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are using our facilities or participating in our programs. The following conduct can lead to suspension or termination of Membership:
- Inappropriate Attire
- Angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name-calling, and shouting
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA-sponsored programs
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening, or offensive nature
- The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating YMCA in the United States through membership at your "home" YMCA (your home Y is the local association that enrolled you as a member and collects your membership dues). We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our mission to strengthen communities. To find a Y in another location, go to ymca.net. For more information, visit the Welcome Center. A list of participating Ys is available on YMCA.net.
As a part of Nationwide Membership, the YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
Special memberships (insurance-covered memberships including SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit, Tivity Health, etc., group homes, other agencies, etc.) are not eligible.